Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!!!

This week hasn't slowed down at all from last week. Richard has been out of town for training. So it has just been Molly and me.

So beginning Monday morning at 6am we were out the door to the airport. We dropped Richard off and came back home. I attempted breakfast, but the poor little girl was so tired that she was just crying her eyes out. Back to bed we went. Nine seemed like a better time to wake up for her. I feel like we did a lot that day, but I can't think of much else. I did have an eye doctor's appointment, which I must thank Monica very much for coming along to watch the baby. Such a God-send. And then we went to Bed Bath and Beyond to get a gift for their cousin's wedding that is this weekend. There really wasn't anything left on their registery. So we went with an air mattress. I hope it's really really comfortable because it was the most expensive air mattress I've ever seen in my life (besides the one right next to it on the shelf for $199.) Then Monday evening we went up to Todd and Rhonda's. Rhonda let me borrow her steam cleaner for my disgusting carpets. Molly was such a trooper. She played really well there, and then on our way home at 9:30-10pm she stayed awake talking to me the whole time. I was very surprised! Of course as soon as we walked in the door though, she was ready for beddy-bye. I put her to bed and the Mommy Adventures began. I moved all of the furniture and vacuumed thoroughly. And then started steam cleaning. This time Rhonda mentioned to me that the hand tool works better than the floor tool. So I tried it on a few spots and holy moly you should have seen me take off. I ended up spot steam cleaning the entire upstairs by hand! It was wonderful! I quit at 1am. I was quite tired. But my carpet looks amazing (compared to what it did.)

Tuesday I took the cleaner to my parents' house. They had a few spots from moving in, and I thought I could take care of that for them. It looks great now too! We came back home and I decided I would plant my bulbs. Several months ago I pulled up all of my Crocus and Iris bulbs to replant/thin out for next year. I'm a little behind on getting them planted, but hopefully it will all work out. So we were outside raking out the area I want them. Trying to get as much of the weeds and grass out as possible, but trying to remind myself that it doesn't really matter at this point. They're going to die before the flowers bloom anyway. I can worry about them when they come back in the spring. Molly was very helpful - if I needed the mulch eaten - which I didn't, so yeah, not really great help, but we had fun. I had the area ready to go and realized I need to actually separate my Iris's still. So that's where I am now. I got a few separated. It was a difficult task while trying to keep the baby from crawling in the street. It's the only place she wants to be. What she'll do if she ever got there, I have no idea, but the thought excites her incredibly. Then the three kids from across the street came over to play with Molly. I kept thinking that was perfect because I could get back to my Iris's and Molly would be distracted. But I couldn't do it. It makes me really nervous when they try to pick her up and put her on toys and such, especially on the cement. So I stayed with the kids watching over them like a hawk. Finally at 7, I told the kids Molly needed to eat dinner and go to bed. So we went inside and did. After she was in bed I called Monica and invited her over for The Biggest Loser. She and Rufus came over. This is my first season of biggest loser but I like it a lot already! I really like several of the teams: Pink, Purple, Yellow, and Red. I take that back. Scratch Yellow. I just like Coleen from Yellow. And I hate the brown team. Ugh. "We really wanted to lose this week, because we don't need to call home. And losing makes us less of a threat." Yeah, well, it also doesn't promote weight loss but somehow they keep losing weight. I'm ready for them to go home. After BL I got bored and began blog reading. I was up until 1:45 reading blogs - really just one person's. I'm a nut.

Today...was my mom's birthday! She's not one to ask for things she wants for her birthday. In fact I don't even know if she has wants. She never seems to have much of an opinion when it comes to wants. She has "needs" though, and those are the things she will ask for when asked what she'd like for her birthday. For instance, this year, she needed floor cleaner, because her swiffer wet jet just isn't getting it all, so she needs to get down and scrub and doesn't have any floor cleaner to scrub with. And also her small sauce pan that she boils her sweet tea in broke last week and she needs a new one. So I started thinking hard and realized, my mom doesn't ever buy new clothes for herself. That's a great idea! I could take her shopping for clothes, more specifically a dressy outfit she can wear on dressy occasions since what she owns is from 1982 or prior, a little worn and thinned out, and a size or two too big. when I mentioned the idea to her she didn't seem thrilled, but was ok with it, she guessed. So we went. We both found a couple outfits that we liked. I learned that my mom does not like green. In fact she doesn't like dresses at all. So I felt really bad when she said that. It meant that I was completely forgetting that her birthday is about what she wants. I felt like such a jerk. At no point did she get excited. We picked out an outfit finally. I don't think she liked it at all. But it looked ultra cute on her. So afterwards, I needed to go to Walmart to get a diaper to change Molly into. My purse was out and she was poopy. I felt so bad for forcing my mom into something she didn't want for her birthday that I went ahead and wandered over to the pots and pans and let her pick out a sauce pan, and then back to the cleaning supplies for some Lysol All-Purpose Cleaner and some Comet. She also found some M&Ms along the way, which happen to be her favorite. I think she was much happier leaving Walmart, than she was leaving the dress store. I hope she had a wonderful birthday and enjoyed spending the day with us. :)

Richard comes home tomorrow! Yay! I have Moms' Group in the morning. Then I need to go get the oil changed in the car. And hopefully after that I'll still have some time left to return Rhonda's steam cleaner before heading over to the airport to welcome my wonderful husband back home.

Then Friday we're headed west for a wedding! I love weddings. I also like spending time with Richard's family. I'm excited to get back to his parents' house. It's been a while.

No comments: