Friday, January 23, 2009

A Mom's Best Friend

She's definitely my daughter.

As we lie on our backs in the living room floor and I toss a ball into the air (something I'm sure I'll tell her not to do one day ;)) she lets me know that she wants a turn. I give her the ball. She holds it way up in the air. And drops it right on her forehead.

If that in itself didn't prove that she's my daughter - she went on to laugh hysterically at herself for doing it. Definitely what I would do in that situation.

And also, the thought of a doggy has been wandering through my little mind lately. Molly is VERY interested in the dogs outside. But horrified when they come out while we're out there. So I've definitely been thinking I need to head to Aunt Jenn's again to get some doggy back in Molly's life. That's where doggies will probably stay, as much as I'd love to have one. I think with allergies and everything, it's just easier to go to friends' houses to see doggies.

But today I decided who needs a dog when I've got a perfectly good daughter who will run through the house chasing a baseball, even panting heavily with her tongue hanging out, and bring it right back to me? Good Molly. *pat pat*

2 comments:

Sarah :) said...

*haha* Your "good Molly *pat pat*" comment has me smiling. :)

Michelle said...

Cute story! And I liked the good Molly comment too!