Friday, January 16, 2009

Poo-ey Stories with Mama Krissy

Yesterday was a semi-hectic day. Not quite as hectic as today, but I'll spare you today's details.

Yesterday I was supposed to take my mom to a hospital to get a scan done, my sister-in-law was coming into town to have lunch with Molly and me, and we were going to do a little shopping together, Molly was supposed to start a new medicine, I was supposed to have a Mom's Night Out with my Mom's Group from church, and that was doubling as a diaper shower for three of the pregnant ladies in our group.

I woke up at 7:40, got almost ready by the time Molly woke up. Set her up with her milk while I finished getting ready. Then got Molly ready. Then looked up where this hospital is that I'm supposed to be taking my mom to. Dang it! It's on the east side of town - which is where I live, but Mom lives on the west side. So that meant I needed to leave a little earlier in order to go get her and get her back here and where in the hospital we needed to be by 10:15 to check in. We get in the car - a little later than I had hoped, realize our garage door is STILL not working right, so I manually open and close it. (Yeah, I had a little bit of hope that if I just let it sit overnight and prayed about it it would magically fix itself. Apparently I didn't have enough faith in my prayers.) Then I get to the end of the cul-de-sac just in time for my gas light to turn on. Ugh. So I call Mom and tell her I'm going to be a little later than I had previously mentioned...since it's the time I said I would be at her house NOW and I was still on my block and needed to stop for gas still.

We make it to Mom's house and get back to the hospital with about 4 minutes to spare. Find where we need to be they take her info and get her back to do the scan while Molly and I sit in the waiting room watching Ni Hao, Kai-lan. Within 5 minutes Mom is done and back to gather us. I'm all for quick appointments, but seriously??? It almost made it feel like a waste of time just getting there. lol. Of course, Molly's furious that we have to leave though after only 5 minutes of Kai-lan. - How could a mother be so cruel? But we make it through that tantrum and by the time we're to the hallway she's perfectly fine.

On the way back to Mom's house I get a phone call from my sister-in-law who I have forgot is coming to town. Luckily she says she isn't coming until noon. I've got about an hour and a half to get back home and get Molly's lunch packed.

We get home, I'm packing Molly's lunch. (We're going out to eat with Rhonda, Abby, and Jake, and with all of Molly's allergies, it's easiest just to pack food to take along for her.) She sees me packing her lunch and decides she's hungry NOW. Which is understandable - she ate breakfast kind of early and only had 5 minutes to eat her mid-morning snack of Trix in the waiting room. So I fix her up with some fruit while I finish getting some things together. And of course it gets all over her. But Rhonda shows up before I'm ready for her to, so I tell myself Molly's a kid - kids are messy - she's going with the way messy shirt on. - Plus she's just going to get it messier as she eats more at the restaurant.

We decide upon Jason's Deli so we can have some delicious soup to warm us up. Lunch time at Jason's Deli, though, is always so hustle and bustle. We get a booth that is hardly big enough for the 4 of us, plus our coats/purses with Molly on the end in a high chair that can't be scooted close enough to the table because the benches are too close together for her high chair to fit in between. I get out her ground hamburger in its bowl and she starts digging in. I go to get my salad and when I get back everyone's looking at me with sad faces while Molly's signing "more." LOL. Rhonda tells me that Molly pulled her bowl off the table before she could grab it. The hamburger's gone. Luckily I also brought some mandarin oranges and olives. (Not mixed) So I give her some and she's mostly better. Her lunch bag thingy though was unzipped and had been pushed into the floor under the table somehow - oh that's right..b/c there wasn't enough room in our booth! lol But nothing was in it so that's ok. Rhonda had an appointment at 2:00 and time got away from us and we noticed what time it was at 1:20. But Rhonda still needed to do some shopping. Just at ALDI and Home Depot...nothing major...but still. We finish up. I find Molly's lunch bag on the floor and close up the rest of her olives and oranges and pack them up.

We decide just to do ALDI for now and Rhonda will go to Home Depot after the dr. appointment. We do that and then load back up and they have seven minutes to make it to their appointment. I tell them that I'll just go with them so they don't have to waste more time taking us home first.

We go to the dr's office. Do the check up thing. During which Molly sees her lunch bag and thinks she needs some more to eat. No big deal! I go ahead and pull out the bowl of oranges and out scurries Mr. Cockroach. GROSS! I'm to assume he must have come from the floor under the table at Jason's Deli, where this lunch bag sat during our meal. That's comforting. The closest thing I could find to kill him with was a diaper. He died quickly. But so much for that food. Poor Molly was going to have to throw tantrum #2 for the day because she couldn't eat food that she KNOWS exists, even if Mommy did say it was all gone.

The two of us leave and head back to the waiting room, where Molly is just sure she needs not be. Because of course she needs to be back in the exam room with the other kids. She tried sneaking off MULTIPLE times to get back there. But Mommy's quicker than that. Finally out come the kids and Rhonda and everyone's happy. That is until Abby sees another kid wearing a sticker, which is when she remembers that the dr. told her she could have a sticker if she would talk. And so she is brought to tears, because she forgot to pick up her sticker from nurse before she left. Rhonda and Abby head back toward the exam rooms again and Molly is just POSITIVE she needs to go too. But Jake blocks the door at which Molly pulls the ultimate move by throwing her sweet little body into the floor screaming. - Tantrum #3 'Surely Mom will think Jake pushed me down and will scold him, leaving the door unblocked for me to get through!' Mom's smarter than that too. ;)

So we leave, and I decide I'm just going to have to pass on Home Depot because it is most definitely nap time.

We go home, have a good nap time - although it only lasted 45 minutes...but I'll take what she'll give me. And I remember about the medicine and diaper shower. I decide that Prince Charming will be home soon so I'll just wait til he gets home and leave Molly with him. That'll make the cold trip out and about quicker.

He comes home. My group meeting/dinner is at 7. So at 5:30 I head to the pharmacy to pick up the meds. I get there and my insurance isn't going to cover this medicine.I decide to pass on it until I can find out if we have other options. (Had I known I would have the hectic day I had today based on this decision, I would have just forked over the $100 and paid for it myself.) I head to Walmart to get receiving blankets to wrap diapers in - because through the day this is what I've decided would make the best presentation of the diapers. Well I realize that the only receiving blankets Walmart has aren't big enough to cover a pack of diapers. I just got wipes instead. Diapers can be returned.

I get home and it's 6:30. I've got 15 minutes to spruce myself up, wrap these wipes, and get out the door if I'm going to make it on time. I walk in the door and Prince Charming yells "Not it!!!" That's our diaper game. Anyone who smells or sees a diaper and yells "not it" before the other person doesn't have to change the dirty diaper. I tell him that I just don't have time to change a diaper I've got 15 minutes to wrap and get ready. He informs me that it's not a diaper, it's the bathtub. See - he was being an Awesome Daddy - giving the Princess a bath when she got a little too comfy and pooped. And it wasn't one of her normal bathtub poops where it's just one small, firm, solid turd before you notice. It was an explosion. And she and the bathtub and all her little bath friends and toys were so poopy. I still didn't have time to help. Good thing he was in Awesome Daddy Mode. He gets her cleaned up, but she wasn't happy at all because she had to get out of her bath sooner than she would have liked. Throwing tantrum #4 he struggles to get a diaper on her and it ends up crooked and kind of off one side of her butt. But she's happier, and that's what matters.

Richard is off putting poopy bath toys through the dishwasher and I'm still trying to wrap wipes. Molly comes to give me a hug and I smell round 2. I bellow a "Not it Round 2!" and Rich says that he figured she would again since he interrupted her by pulling her out of the bath. Which is why he only put a diaper on her and not pjs yet. So she goes on playing while we're both busy. And about 5 minutes later she comes running to me whining. I look at her and her foot is covered with green poop and she's trying to pull her diaper off - which from previous knowledge means that the poopy is burning her sensitive little bottom a little. So as she runs off laughing because apparently my reaction was hilarious, I grab her and take her to the changing table. Well Awesome Dad comes in to go ahead and clean her up. But I turn around to find over by her book case two large piles of poo on the carpet. FANTASTIC! So much for sprucing myself up. Instead I will be scrubbing poo out of the carpet. On my way to find a towel I notice that it's also spread down the hallway a bit. Nice. Luckily I had just bought a new bottle of Febreeze. Too bad I hadn't bought carpet cleaner too. So yes, if you see the spot on the floor in Molly's bedroom, it is a poop stain. I get it cleaned up as much as possible and then I must go scrub myself...because well...I smell like crap. Literally.

I make it out the door at 7:05 and have a wonderful time with my fellow Mommy friends! (Even if I did have to go wash my hands a few times due to catching the faint smell of poo as they waved past my face.)

Whew...what a pooey day.

1 comment:

Sarah :) said...

*jaw drops* I....am....speechless. Wow. Not a great sales pitch for having kids, though. Gotta tell ya. *haha*