Friday, December 5, 2008

The Best Husband EVER!

So yesterday was my birthday. Happy Birthday to me! We had gone a few weeks ago to Best Buy so I could show him what kind of camera I would like for my b-day. And there was a special deal going on so we went ahead and got it that night and a cute little case for it. Then when the Black Friday ads came out it was in an ad for almost $50 cheaper!

Also in the ads I found Gilmore Girls Season 7 for $14. And I HAD to have that! So Richard said that could be for my birthday.

Well, when Black Friday rolled around we decided I'd go shopping and Richard would stay with the baby. So I went out and bought the cheaper camera AND Gilmore Girls for myself for my birthday.

This is SO unlike us. Richard always loves to surprise me with gifts on my birthday.

So the plan for yesterday was that I was going to have no idea what we were doing. I only said I wanted to spend it with Richard and Molly.

Richard came home from work with DELICIOUS chocolates from the Sweet Shoppe in Hallmark. I love that!!!

Then for dinner we went to Mr. Goodcents (my all-time favorite "light" eating destination. - because we're eating heavy tonight with my parents.) And now I can eat the whole meal, so that was fabulous!

Afterwards we headed to west Wichita. I thought he took a few turns that made me think we were headed to my parents to drop Molly off or something. And I started getting anxious thinking that I didn't want to do something without her, I wanted all three of us to be together! But one last turn sent us on the path to wonderland!

I LOVE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!

Richard had decided that we would go Christmas light hunting for my birthday. And the night before heard on the news about a place that you drive through with thousands of lights flashing to the beat of wonderful Christmas music. And that's where we went! The Lights of St. Paul. Oh it was wonderful! Definitely the best birthday I've had in a long time! He's so thoughtful! This video shows clips of it...but some are in daylight which definitely doesn't give it the same effect.



We also went over to Lights on the Lake at Heartspring - not quite as good but still wonderful!

(Funny story though - earlier in the day I had posted on a forum that next year on this day I would LOVE to be looking at Christmas lights for my birthday - How did he know!?!?!)

Then we hunted around town finding more and more, and eventually Molly even perked up to the idea! She started pointing and even waved at a couple blow-up Santas!

The best husband ever! :D

No comments: